Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Buffet Style


Here is an update on the post from Nov. 27, 2006 "Garden Mulch and other digressions" As I had mentioned in that post I needed to dump out the leaves from their plastic bags. That way I wouldn't have to worry about small plastic bits inadvertently getting eaten by the sheep. Once I started dumping the leaves--they all lined up to do the leaf buffet. In this picture the black sheep closest is the original bag ripper culprit. Also note two are not doing the buffet. Guess they decided they were full while I went to get the camera or maybe they were worried about buffet germs.
The second picture is of all the leaves in my front yard since yesterday evening. Doesn't look like much in the picture but it is quite a large amount. My local town has decided this year they would help me in my quest for more leaves and are emptying their dump truck in my front yard. 3 loads so far in this picture, but rain has come so I will have to wait for more. I like to think they are doing it because I am nice or have influence but in reality----I live closer than all the other places they dump. But hey---works for me. I might just come out of this not only with enough to do my garden but to mulch all my shrubs and flowers too. My son isn't going to like it as well as I when he finds out he is the "volunteer" to move all of it :-)

No comments: